Many customers are looking to optimise their application estate for a variety of reasons. These can be (amongst others) to enable the business to respond more effectively to market demand, rationalise what they have, reduce TCO or simply exit a physical location before a contract renewal, and often a combination of all the above.
Standardly businesses will have a clear view of what they want to achieve and will have done a tremendous amount of work to ensure that there is a supporting technology strategy which is well aligned.
We look to enhance all the previous efforts and turbo charge this via a few streams of work:
- Understand how applications align to a Technology Business Management category framework.
- Define the target principles that will support the early disposition of applications and assets. This confirms the datamap needed to be collected.
- Conduct a thorough Discovery Validation process to ensure plans are based on accurate and validated information.
It’s worth noting that these streams can run concurrently to avoid lost time.
The outcome of these activities enable:
- The identification of duplicated services based on pre agreed business categories
- The ability to disposition all applications into a suggested treatment plan.
- The ability to view Application to Application relationships.
With these items defined, we’re now able define a real-world transformation roadmap, that enables the creation of workflows for each treatment category.
Please contact to find out more.